What identification documents are required to be verified?
For FICA purposes, residents of the CMA (Common Monetary Area) which is made up of South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho, and Botswana only need to submit a copy of their national ID and not a passport.
Documents do not need to be certified as long as they appear to be authentic.
FICA | What is needed?
- Clear and/or certified copy of ID
- Certified proof of residential address not older than 3months
- Bank statement with a bank stamp not older than 3months (please note this has to be a savings or cheque account it CANNOT be a credit or home loan statement)
- If you reside in South Africa and do not have a South African ID, we require a certified copy of your passport. All copies must be certified. Certification cannot be older than three months.
- If you reside outside of South Africa and do not have a South African ID, we will require a certified copy of your passport
- If you do not have a Passport, we will need an affidavit to indicate the reason for not having one.
- Please ensure that your photo is clear in the copy
Proof of Bank
- We require proof of bank in a form of a bank statement with a bank stamp, that is not older than 3 months.
Please note: The proof of bank that you supply must be from the account you intend to use to deposit funds to and from your trading account.
The proof of the bank must include:
- Your name and surname;
- Banking details including your account number (verified by your bank);
- Issue date within the last 3 months;
- No credit statements or cancelled cheques will be accepted
Document requirements for Skrill and Neteller
A screenshot of the client information screen needs to be uploaded showing the verified banner, e-mail address, contact number, and physical address (This information has to match the information in the client area)
The account has to be verified.
Proof of Address
- We require you to send us a certified proof of address (utility bill). This document must show your name, your residential address, and be dated or cover a period ending not more than 3 months ago.
- We will accept a copy of any statement or bill issued by a government institution, utility provider, or bank, (but not limited to) the list below.
- We do not accept PO Box and Private Bag addresses.
Acceptable Documents/Must be certified
- Any bill issued by a recognized utility provider;
- Telkom bill or cell phone bill;
- Mortgage statement;
- Municipal rates and taxes invoice;
- Bank statement;
- Letter from a bank confirming your residential address;
- Lease/tenancy agreement;
- TV License or DSTV bill;
- Vehicle licensing documentation
Are affidavits allowed?
We only accept an affidavit if the individual does not have proof of address and lives with his/her parent/guardian. In this case, an affidavit from the parent/guardian along with a certified copy of the parent's/gaurdian's ID is required.
When is certification required?
Certification is required when the document provided is a copy of the original. Certification cannot be older than 3 months.
I get an error message when trying to upload my documents?
Can you please upload your documents using an alternative device, preferably a computer. Alternatively, you can email your documents to email@example.com